Monday 12 December 2011

Toiling my trousers.

Last week I have started to toile my trousers as I have finished patterning it. I used calico for my toile because I have similar drape from my chosen fabric. Here is what I have done so far.


  • Cut out all patterns; front trousers, pocket facing, inside pocket, frill, bias binding and waistband.












  • Attach the frill and bias binding. I will only attach the frill and bias binding on one side because it is a toile and it will save me time.


  • Attach the back pocket and the flap. Because it's only a toile I wont be putting the buttonwhole on the flap to save time.
Sew 1.5cm from the edge leaving a gap for bagging out later then trim in half.



I placed the back pocket and flap to where I wanted it to be and marked it out.

I wanted to add some detailing on the edge of the pocket and flap so I added some simple straight stitches before actually sewing it to the back trousers.



  • Add the pleats to the back and front trousers.
Because the trousers was too big on the mannequin I tried to fit it by adding pleats to the front and back trouser to make it fit and to add volume.







I only tacked the pleats in place to hold.


  • Sew the back and front trousers together. I did not overlock any of the calico since it is only a toile.


  • Attach the waistband to the trousers.




I only topstitched the trousers and waistband together to save time but on my real fabric I would attach the waistband properly.

I need to make sure that the seams matches together on my final fabric.





  • Attach the cuff into the leg. I am only attaching one cuff because it is a toile and it will save me time.



I have added a vent so that the model can get her ankles through the cuff and bias bind it.




My toile is done, thank you for reading ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment