Monday 18 June 2012

Michiko coat manufacturing in final fabric.

Here's how I've manufactured the Michiko coat in my final fabric.
  • I first cut out all of the patterns in my final fabric and overlock the raw edges.

  • I then start with back pattern pieces first. I sew the back side panel to the centre back panel with 1.5cm seam allowance. Then I knotch the curve seams and pressed it open.



  • I do the same on the other side of the back panel pieces.
  • Then I sew down the centre back with 1.5cm seam allowance and pressed the seams open.

 I also had to make sure the curve seam match perfectly
  •  Then I move onto the front panels of the michiko coat.
  • I sew the front side panel and the centre front panel together with 1.5cm seam allowance. Then I knotch and press the seam open.

  • Then I do the same for the other side.
  • I then sew the side seams together with 1.5cm seam allowance. I press the seams open.




  • I did the same on the other side.
  • Then I sew the shoulder seams together with 1.5cm seam allowance. And the press the seams open.



  • I then do the same on the other side.
  • I then made up the sleeves but before I sew the sleeves together I have to sew the zip vent first.
  • Then I sew the sleeve to the arm hole with 1.5cm seam allowance. I kotch and pressed the seams open.

  • I did the same on the other side.
  • Then i finished the edge of the sleeves by sewing a bias binding. I did the same on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment