Thursday 30 December 2010

Brief explanation on how I started making my toile.

The first step that I did before making my toile is of course choosing the skirt/design. Then I had to figure out how to make the pattern, so I ask Jo my tutor can she help me make my pattern, she said yes and then we looked at different skirts on a pattern cutting books from the library. So I decided to choose the cowl skirt because it's the only skirt that looks like my chosen design and the easiest skirt that we could find on the book.
The next step was making the pattern. I had a copy of the steps on how to make the cowl skirt, so I started to make the pattern at home but I didn't know how to start it. So I ask Nick my pattern cutting tutor if she could help me start my pattern and then she helped me start it. I figured out how to make the skirt but whenever I get stuck, I ask for help just in case I make a mistake.
After I've finished making my pattern, it was time to make the toile. I remember thinking, 'how am I going to make this at home on my own without a sewing machine'. I had to work fast if I want to get as many sewing done before the last day finishes, so I had to concentrate with my work. In the end I manage to cut the pattern of the calico, overlock the whole skirt and stitched on the zip, then I was on my own making this skirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment