Thursday 24 November 2011

My trouser pattern

So last week I began to pattern my trouser design for the unit 120 (pattern cutting lesson). I am actually really excited and happy that finally I get to make my own designed trouser.
Here is what my trouser design looks like. I have also included colour and fabric swatches to go with my design.


And here is what the pattern looks like (front).

First draft,

I traced off a size 10 trouser block front and back. On a new piece of pattern paper, I traced out the front trouser separately. 

Second draft,

I have put in a front hip pocket, the size I wanted. I have also lowered the crutch of the trousers and made the legs skinnier.

Third draft,

Because I wanted cuffs at the bottom of the trousers, I marked out 10cm for the cuffs to be in place. I have also added on the pocket details on the pattern.


I can now trace the final pocket and the pocket facing from the third draft of my trousers.
Pocket detail

Final draft,



Back trouser pattern.

For the back pattern, I traced out a size 10 trouser back pattern on a piece of pattern paper, then did the same step as what I have done for the front trouser.




That's it  for now. Thanks!!! ^_^





No comments:

Post a Comment