Wednesday 5 January 2011

Paper pattern




After choosing my design, I went on and made my paper pattern skirt for my toile. It was really hard making it because I've never done a cowl skirt before and I've never got to practice making it either.

I started drawing the pattern by tracing the back and front skirt block in size 12. Then I added four darts on both sides ignoring the original darts. Then I cut the seams open along with the cowl lines. On a new piece of paper, I've drawn a horizontal line and stuck down the pattern that I've slashed open lining it with the horizontal line. I've decided that my centre front will cut on fold so I've drawn in the cut on fold symbol. I've also added the grain line, my name, size and cut x1 on the pattern.

First draft

My pattern's not done yet, I've traced this pattern on a new piece of paper so that I could make more adjustments to it. After that I added 1.5cm seam allowance on the whole pattern apart from the centre front.

Second draft

I've traced the new pattern off and my paper pattern is done.


No comments:

Post a Comment