Sunday 13 February 2011

Brand

I have been given a new brief 'communication through art and design' that requires researching different brands from foods to cars to clothing etc for our first task. "So I was like eerrrmm ok I know what brand is so it shouldn't be that hard" but looking at it now it is a little hard because you have to research into a brand properly and it depth. I have researched a range of brands like Kenco, Ariel, Ralph Lauren to write in my sketchbook. I have found out that there are a lot of advertisements that brands use to promote their products, such as TV advertisments, billboards, magazines, radio, sponsorships, websites, celebrity endorsements and through their packaging. I have also produced critical thinking questions to ask while analysing the different brands that I have chosen, this will help me with the next task on the brief. The next task was that I have to select 2 different brands to compare and contrast and produce a 250 written piece. I thought that this brief would be easy but its not because firstly we have to produce an advert or packaging, secondly I have pitch this advert or product to a group of people on my course which to me is scary and nerve-rocking and lastly I have to evaluate the work that I have done on my sketchbook and on the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment