Wednesday 2 May 2012

Dress toile 2: Jin Youzhi

I have finally finished toiling my second dress toile. Here's how I have made he dress, I won't be showing you how I've pattern the dress because it would take too long. Enjoy!!


  •  I cut out all the patterns in calico. (not the shoulder pieces)

(back pieces on the left hand side and front pieces on the right)
  •  I then sew the front panels together with 1.5cm seam allowance (right side panel to middle panel then middle panel to left side panel).


  •  I did the same steps as what I did for the back panels. 


  •  I knotched around the curve seam then pressed it open.



  •  I then sew the side seams with 1.5cm seam allowance. I left a gap on the right side of the dress for the zip to be sewn in but I don't need to sew a zip in since it's only a toile. 


 -I had to open the seam on the right side of the dress because I couldn't fiit the dress on the mannequin in any way.


  •  I then lowered the back neckline and adapted that to the pattern then added seam allowance.




  •  Because of the dress wouldn't go into the mannequin in any way I have decided that I will have to attach poppers on the right shoulder seam on my real garment.


  •  I then created the shoulder feature the same way as I did for the Jia Li dress. The only different thing is that I am going to add chains with it.


  •  I have sewn in a small tab for the chain to be attach into.


  •  Here's is what the shoulder feature would look like but the silver chains are a bit too long so in my real garment I will have to shorten them a little bit.



  •  I then sewn in the armhole facing on the right armhole.



  •  I then drew in where I would like the cut out hole on the left side of the dress.






  •  Once I was happy with the shape and where it is, I then cut the shape out.


  •  Then I bias bind it 




That's it for now ^_^ Thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment