Wednesday 23 May 2012

My last toile the Aiko Dress...

After creating the patterns for this dress I started to manufacture the toile in calico. I wont be showing you how I patterned the dress because it will take too long and it will get a little boring.
Here is how I manufactured the dress. 
  • I cut out all the pattern pieces in calico.




  •  I then sew the centre front panels together with 1.5cm seam allowance. Then I attach the panels onto a lining because some of the fabric that I have chosen for the different panels are see-through.


  •  I then sew the side panels together with 1.5cm seam allowance. I then attach them to the lining close to the edge just to hold them together.
  • Then I  sew the centre front panel and the side panel together with 1.5cm seam allowance.



  •  I then made sure that all the seams that's going across match when sewing the side and centre front panels together.


  •  I did the same for the other side panel. Then I press all the seams open.



  •  I then did the same method/steps for the back panels. Then I attached the concealed zip at the centre back seam.


  •  I then sew the side seams together with 1.5cm seam allowance. Then I press the seams open.



  •  Then I sew the shoulder seams together with 1.5m seam allowance and pressed the seams open.


Here's what the Aiko dress looks like when I have finished manufacturing.





I have also sewn the neck and arm hole facings on the dress.




No comments:

Post a Comment