Thursday 6 January 2011

Producing my waistband


On this post I will show you how I made the waistband for my skirt toile.

This image shows the paper pattern that I made for my waistband.
I measured around the waist of my skirt then added 4cm. Then I decided that the width will be 10cm long. After that I added 1.5cm seam allowance. And then I doubled it up because I folding it.

This images shows the pattern being cut out of fabric. I didn't place the pattern on the grain line therefor it will stretch when I sew it in.


The next step that I did was to fold the fabric in half then iron it flat. I also folded the 1.5 seam allowance. Then I sewn in 1.5cm on each side of the waistband.


Then I reduced the bulk.


On this image the skirt got caught on the waistband when I was sewing it. So I unpicked it and made sure that the skirt wont get caught when I sew it again.


So that's how I made my waistband.



No comments:

Post a Comment