Tuesday 17 January 2012

Trousers on final fabric.

After completing my toile for my trousers I have started manufacturing my trousers on my final fabric. I could not afford the fabrics that I found from soho in London so I went out and looked for similar and a little bit more cheaper than the ones from soho in London.

Fabrics from soho in London
 My final fabric

Heres the processes of manufacturing my trousers.
  • Cut out all patterns (front and back trouser, front hip pocket, pocket facing, frills, bias binding, back pocket and waistband).


  • Face the back pocket and flap of the pocket. Sew the orange and see-through fabric together, trim in half and then bag it out.




  •  Starting on the front trouser (if you want) attach the front hip pockets on both sides. Here is the link on how you attach front hip pocket.

  • Attach the bias binding and frills on both side of the trouser.


This is how I created the frills.

 I added a retaining row on top of the frill to make it stay in place.

  • Tack the pleat on the front trouser.




  • Sew the back pocket. Before attatching the flap of the pocket, I need to put a button whole first.



I have decided to use the biggest size as the button for the flap.


  •  Add the button-whole on the flap of the pocket and sew on the back trousers close to the edge.

  • Attach the flap on the back trousers with topstitch.4




  • Hand sew the buttons to the back pocket.

  • Attach the concealed zip before the waistband to make it more easier.
  • Sew the front and back trousers together with 1.5cm seam allowance.



  • Attach the  waistband on the trousers.



  • Attach the cuffs on both sides of the trouser leg. Don't forget to bias bind the vent first.




That is what I have done so far. I will be updating this post when I have done something else on my trouser. Thanks for reading!! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment