Friday 22 April 2011

new brief

I am super excited with this new brief that I have been given because it is the brief where I will be able to create one of my dress design from the previous brief that I had. It is not only me that are producing the dress, it is everyone on my course including the second years (2nd years will be making a collection while the 1st years make one dress outcome). This dress that I am manufacturing will be shown in a catwalk which will be held in sometime in June. We have about two months to manufacture the dress before the catwalk show, so I am pretty scared. My first task is to research illustrations and to create a colour page on my sketchbook. And then to collect 10-20 fabric swatches over the easter holidays. I have manage to produce my colour page before we broke up for the easter holidays. I am also starting with my research and planning out my layout on my sketchbook.

Colour page on my sketchbook. I have chosen vibrant colours that reflects wealth which links to the message that I am trying to convey through my dress.



So far this brief I think is exciting so watch out for my next blog update.

No comments:

Post a Comment