Monday 30 May 2011

Substruction Cutting.

On my personal study day I have created my first independent project which is called substruction cutting. It means taking away spaces to create a pattern for a dress. It was really easy and fun but the only time that I struggled is when I was hemming the dress, this is because it was curved. It was pretty simple all you need is fabric, e.g. bed sheet, curtains, etc, enough to fit around you, bodice pattern and a sewing machine. It is actually exciting because you never know what your outcome will look like until you finish it. You can add and play around with details on your outcome. Here is the outcome that I made from this project.

front

side

back



back


I kept the front of the dress simple and just played around with the back of the dress, adding pleats. So that is it my finish dress. Love to hear your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment