Wednesday 18 May 2011

Sampling the bodice


Today in my pattern cutting lesson I have started sampling the bodice for my dress design. First I have experimented with pleats on some fabric which did not work out right because it was too fiddly and it was not the effect that I was aiming for. I discussed another method using three bias cut strips which I would layer one on top of the other. The three strips of bias cut fabric would then mould to the body because of the give of the fabric.

Straight grain fabric strip.

Bias grain fabric strip.


It is important for me to finish the hems by hand stitching them instead of using the sewing machine because I am aiming for the couture market.
Wealth (which is my theme)=couture

3 bias strip layered on top of the other and the hem hand sewn.



No comments:

Post a Comment