Monday 9 May 2011

Sampling the sleeve.


Today I began to sample the sleeve of my design.
To begin with I was a little unsure on how to attach the puff sections of the sleeve to the strips of fabric. I have sampled gathering on different weights of fabrics e.g. heavy, medium and light. The outcome - the medium weight was easier to gather compared to the other weights and you can create more volume on the fabric by pulling the thread tighter.
After a discussion with my tutor I problem solved how to attach the gathered puff sections of the sleeve to the strips of fabric and this was actually straight forward. I have shown this in a photo below.

I feel more confident about tackling my sleeve and know I will have to use the slash and spread method on my flat patterns.



No comments:

Post a Comment