Monday 16 May 2011

A lesson in styling.


Today a freelance stylist named Jemma Sawyer carried out a lecture to my group. She spoke about her job role, what it involves and showed us a powerpoint with examples of her work. I found it interesting and it helped me understand what a stylist does. My initial thought of what stylist does was completely different to what a stylist has to do. I discovered that it was a lot harder than my initial thought and long hours.

A stylist has to consider

  • the client

  • situation

  • the look

  • make-up and hair

  • nails

  • back up options

  • the clients needs

We were asked to carry out a task where Rosie and I were given Adele appearing on Jools Holland, together we help style Adele for this event. Below is a moodboard with the results of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment