Friday 2 March 2012

Collection Name...

Today I have finally chosen my collection (it hasn't changed much from the once that I have chosen earlier). Not only that I have chosen my final collection I have also named them and started creating the pattern for my first design.

I have named each of my design based in my theme which is Asian culture and military. I thought that Asian culture might have influenced my collection more that military so I named ten after Asian emperors and Asian names that has meaning behind it.

My first design is a blue fitted coat that has a big shoulder detail, overlapped fastening inspired by Asian traditional clothing and frill on both side of the coat. I named this design after a Japanese empress called Michiko. The coat also has some trousers to go with is so I called it Chen which is a Chinese name.


My second design is a floor length red dress that I've named after a Jia li which means beautiful in Chinese.



My third design is a multi-coloured striped dress that I named after a Japanese princess called Aiko.



My fort and final design is a purple(ish) dress with a shoulder detail is named after a Chinese(king/prince) called Jin YouZhi.



I think that all of the names that I have chosen for my collection really suit them because of the meaning and how my designs just fits with it.


Thanks for reading ^_^ I will put up the images later so that you can see what I'm talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment