Saturday 3 March 2012

Creating pattern for the Michiko coat.

So here is a step by step guide/process of how I would be creating the pattern for my michiko coat.

  • I traced around the classic coat.
    (1st draft)


  • I then extended the length of the coat pattern that I have traced.

(2nd Draft)

  • I added in the design lines like button stand, darts on the front and back because the coat is fitted, I moved the darts of the front coat and placed a new dart at the back feature/detail .
(3rd Draft) Front
 Back

  • I cut out the pattern and closed the old dart on the front coat and slash open the new dart. I figured out that I can't open the new dart at the back so I have made two panels instead of a dart.
(4th Draft

Back
 Back (two panels)

 
  • I re-traced the pattern and added a 1.5cm seam allowance on both back panels and front pattern.

That is what I have done so far. Hopefully I could start toiling before Wednesday. Thanks for reading ^_^


No comments:

Post a Comment