Friday 23 March 2012

Shoulder sampling....

I had to sample similar type of garment that has the effect and outcome that I wanted for the shoulders of my coat. I found this Vintage Vogue Pattern and I thought that the shoulders was similar to my design so I pattern it and made it in calico. Here is what I have made.  




It wasn't quite the effect that I was looking for so I sampled some other method to get the effect that I am looking for. On my FMP sketchbook, I sampled a method that could work well with the shoulder area. The shape was inspired by the Sydney opera house that I experimented on my sketchbook.
Here is what it looks like on the coat. I will need to hand sew it to the coat insteadd of the sewing machine considering my target market.



I think this method looks better than the first one so I'm going to choose this method for the shoulder.


No comments:

Post a Comment