Friday 23 March 2012

Collar disaster....

Today I have finally attached the collar and faced my michiko coat. Last week I made up this collar that I was proud of but today when I tried to sew it on to the coat it turns out that it was too long so it didn't fit the neckline because I only made up the measurements and shape of the collar.
So I have created a new pattern and made the new collar for my coat.




This is what I did to create my new collar pattern.
  • I took the front and back patterns (with neckline) and stuck them together on the shoulder seam. Then I took the tape measurement and measured the neckline from the red line on the button stand along the orange line and to the red line at the back. (30.5cm)


  •  I then drew the 30.5cm measurement on the tracing paper the decided what the width neasurement is which 9cm. I then conected the lines together creating a rectangle shape.

  • Then I cut out the shape and added 3 slashes on one to create the curve shape of the collar.

  • I re-traced the shape out then added seam allowace around except from the centre back because it's cut on fold. I added all the information as well like grainline, my name and pattern name etc.
 Now that I have created the pattern I can now cut it out in calico/fabric.
  • I've cut the pattern in fabric/calico x2.

  • I then sew along the top edge of the collar piece with 1.5cm seam allowance, trimmed it in half then turned it inside out.

  • I attached the collar piece to the coat with 1.5cm seam allowance.


No comments:

Post a Comment